Love’s Farm House aspires to maintain a place of connection, cohesion and belonging, where neighbours become friends, residents become a community and everyone can play a role.
All those involved in the development and management of Love’s Farm House aspire to create something that we can be truly proud of, which supports and represents a strong, caring community. We have developed a set of values that represent this desire, act as guiding principles to our decision-making and are at the very heart of all our activities.
- Inclusivity – we seek the active participation of residents, the wider community and partners to ensure the success of the centre. Love’s Farm House embraces the values of non-discrimination, diversity and equality for all and will welcome new ideas and new volunteers who share its vision and mission.
- Kindness – we want to ensure that everyone feels welcome and able to participate; all those who represent Love’s Farm House will treat others with thoughtfulness and respect.
- Community Cohesion – developing strong, supportive connections across the community and generations is essential and will be achieved through an imaginative and inspiring programme of activities, events and support services.
- Democracy and Accountability – a clear structure, legal framework and decision-making process is in place; feedback is actively sought, opinions are listened to and criticism is valued. The charity is accountable to the community it serves and to the Charity Commission.
- Financial sustainability – to ensure the future success of Love’s Farm House it is essential that the charity is financially stable and financial practices transparent, especially in relation to potential conflicts of interest.
- Celebrating success – recognising the work of volunteers to ensure they are valued and supported; without volunteers the centre would not exist.
To realise our vision and uphold our values we will endeavour to:
- Create a safe, comfortable, welcoming, well-maintained environment for local community use where the facilities and service match high expectations.
- Offer a diverse and imaginative calendar of activities and services (educational, recreational, cultural, social) that reflect the developing needs of our community, enhance well-being and nurture community cohesion.
- Actively support and organise activities and services for members of the community with the greatest need, or who might otherwise be overlooked.
- Ensure long-term sustainability by establishing a strong team of committed trustees and volunteers.
- Ensure financial sustainability by generating income through hire of the facilities to cover the running costs of the centre.
- Maintain an equitable booking policy with different tariffs that reflect our values, promote inclusion and ensure maximum use of the space by as many people as possible.
- Limit environmental impact through the careful selection of suppliers, products and services.
- Develop mutually beneficial partnerships to build positive relationships to enhance the community centre.
- Ensure transparency in the on-going operations and management of Love’s Farm House and actively encourage feedback to ensure that the centre is meeting the needs of its beneficiaries
- Create a legacy that people will be proud to continue to develop for future residents and users.
Pingback: New trustees | Love's Farm House
Pingback: Hire fees | Love's Farm House
Pingback: Trustees Requires | Love's Farm House